|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2020-08-08 11:52 CEST|
|My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0001130||aMule||Sharedfiles||public||2007-06-19 14:43||2008-01-14 13:44|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version||SVN|
|Summary||0001130: Big downloads make amule really busy (playing with itself)|
On Saturday it happened that I added a very big link via amulecmd to my amuled (8543305728 Bytes), which it happily accepted. However, a little bit later I noticed that something is very different than before: My router is having a very hard time supporting amuled since then. The load exploded from 0.4 to 2.5 (steady level) from the time I added the big link.
The core literally _lags_ as I _never_ experienced before. My Win32 GUI isn't able to connect at all or it takes about 1 minute. The connect from amulecmd needs about 30 seconds, every command lags about 20 seconds. This _never_ happened in any time.
Another evidence for a problem is the "Operation is successful."-answer if I keep "add ed2k://" [^] adding the link via amulecmd. It doesn't recognize the link as being on the list.
I downloaded files >4GB before, so this worked fine for me. But this is the first file I download which is even bigger.
Once I cancel the download of that file, everything goes INSTANTLY back to common behaviour. This is reproducable. If I re-add the big link, it takes about 1 to 2 hours for amule to become too busy again..
I some dev really wants to investigate into this issue :-) I'm happily willing to share the link.
|Additional Information||Compiled with: |
./configure --prefix=$HOME/amule/build --disable-optimize --enable-debug --enable-amule-daemon --enable-amulecmd --enable-webserver --enable-amule-gui --enable-wxcas --enable-cas --disable-upnp
If you have any hints (like running within gdb, using magic commands to get a clue) - just nudge me.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Fixed in Revision|
|Operating System||Linux with wxGTK 2.8.4|
|If I pause the download, the "load" of amuled is gone, too (similarly to cancelling a download). After resuming, the problem reappears.|
|amuled 2007-05-21 running on an ext3 filesystem. kernel 22.214.171.124, compiled with gcc 4.0.3|
Same behaviour as user chemical.
amuled 2007-07-02 running in ext3 file system
Linux xanax 2.6.15-26-686 0000001 SMP PREEMPT Fri Sep 8 20:16:40 UTC 2006 i686 GNU/Linux
gcc version 4.0.3 (Ubuntu 4.0.3-1ubuntu5)
This is still current with CVS 2007-11-07!
If you add 3 or 4 files >4GB, the daemon will hash like mad and causes a big load impact on the system and the throughput slaws down to nearly zero (both up & down).
|It looks like this issue is fixed with at least 2008-01-01. I can't reproduce this anymore. You may close this ticket.|
|2007-06-19 14:43||chemical||New Issue|
|2007-06-19 14:43||chemical||Operating System||=> Linux with wxGTK 2.8.4|
|2007-06-20 11:23||chemical||Note Added: 0002328|
|2007-07-02 23:12||chemical||Note Added: 0002341|
|2007-07-03 23:16||reise||Note Added: 0002342|
|2007-11-17 20:00||chemical||Note Added: 0002441|
|2008-01-14 12:42||chemical||Note Added: 0002508|
|2008-01-14 13:44||Xaignar||Status||new => resolved|
|2008-01-14 13:44||Xaignar||Fixed in Version||=> SVN|
|2008-01-14 13:44||Xaignar||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2008-01-14 13:44||Xaignar||Assigned To||=> Xaignar|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2020 MantisBT Team|