|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2020-09-28 20:41 CEST|
|My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0001572||aMule||Multi Platform||public||2009-12-30 13:11||2014-09-12 09:55|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version||2.3.2|
|Summary||0001572: [Debian] failed to build on alpha and hppa - wrong fallocate check|
aMule 2.2.6 fails to build on alpha and hppa.
Full log: https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=amule&arch=alpha&ver=2.2.6%2Bdebian0-2&stamp=1262114500&file=log&as=raw [^]
I had a quick look at config.log, and it seems that fallocate() in alpha works with gcc and doesn't work with g++. Should fallocate() be checked with g++?
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Fixed in Revision||10838|
|Attached Files|| fallocate-dev.patch [^] (710 bytes) 2010-05-19 21:07 [Show Content]
fallocate-2.2.6.patch [^] (662 bytes) 2010-05-19 21:07 [Show Content]
This seems to be a gcc (or installed headers/libraries) bug, then. Though, your suggestion also makes sense: we use g++ almost always, but for the checks we use gcc (except where a C++ compiler is explicitly needed). Thus the inconsistency between the usage and the test case is real.
However, since I don't have access to an alpha I can't test whether fixing this issue really fixes alpha build (i.e. there are no other functions with the same problem). If you can and will test such a patch, I'll be glad to sort this thing out.
which patch do you refer?
In the Debian package I disabled fallocate() in alpha and hppa:
I referred to a theoretical patch that just came into existance. ;)
I made two versions of the patch, one for the 2.2.6 release, the other for a current development snapshot. Please note, that the patch only modifies the autoconf input file configure.in, thus you'll need to run ./autogen.sh (or autoconf at least) after applying.
|Applied the patch, and more. Hopefully it doesn't break anything else.|
|2009-12-30 13:11||Derevko||New Issue|
|2009-12-30 13:11||Derevko||Operating System||=> Debian|
|2010-05-19 10:04||GonoszTopi||Note Added: 0003438|
|2010-05-19 10:04||GonoszTopi||Assigned To||=> GonoszTopi|
|2010-05-19 10:04||GonoszTopi||Status||new => assigned|
|2010-05-19 10:04||GonoszTopi||Status||assigned => feedback|
|2010-05-19 10:23||Derevko||Note Added: 0003439|
|2010-05-19 21:07||GonoszTopi||File Added: fallocate-dev.patch|
|2010-05-19 21:07||GonoszTopi||File Added: fallocate-2.2.6.patch|
|2010-05-19 21:10||GonoszTopi||Note Added: 0003440|
|2014-09-12 09:55||GonoszTopi||Fixed in Revision||=> 10838|
|2014-09-12 09:55||GonoszTopi||Note Added: 0003637|
|2014-09-12 09:55||GonoszTopi||Status||feedback => resolved|
|2014-09-12 09:55||GonoszTopi||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2014-09-12 09:55||GonoszTopi||Fixed in Version||=> 2.3.2|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2020 MantisBT Team|